FAQ (Under construction)
Why reminder doesn't show up sometimes?
Reminder doesn't work reliably for certain devices. Their over aggressive Battery management mode, have prevent reminder to work in background. Please turn off that "feature", allow WeNote runs in background, if you want reminder to work reliably.
Please read https://dontkillmyapp.com/?3 for solution.
Can I use fingerprint to lock notes?
First, you need to choose PIN, pattern or password as lock type. Fingerprint feature will available automatically, if you have configured fingerprint on your device. There will be a small fingerprint icon displayed on the top right of lock screen dialog.
Where is the location for local backup?
Local backup location is '/sdcard/com.yocto.wenote/backup'.
Why I can't find any WeNote file after sync to Google Drive?
After sync, the data is stored in Google Drive App Data folder. For security purpose, Google Drive App Data folder is not visible to user.
Why sync to Google Drive failed?
These are few things you can try out.
- Log out then log in again from Settings, by tapping Google Drive account.
- Download and install Google Drive Android app. Launch Google Drive Android app and log in.
- As, there are storage quota imposed by Google Drive. Remember to remove notes with a lot of image attachments, then empty the Trash. When choosing Attachment quality from Settings, do not choose "Original". Original attachment quality will consumes large storage space.
Why auto sync across multiple devices doesn't work?
Currently, auto sync only works well for single device. For multiple devices, you need to perform manual sync by tapping 'Tap to sync' in Settings. We will improve such limitation in the future.
In order to achieve auto sync across multiple devices capability, we need to setup a 24-hour running auto sync server. This takes a significant amount of development time.
Is WeNote available for iPhone and Windows?
Currently, WeNote is only available for Android. However, in the near future, we plan to launch WeNote for iPhone, and WeNote for Windows.
What are upcoming features for WeNote?
What differentiates WeNote from other note taking apps?
- Integrates with Calendar
- Use tabs for fast switching between labels
- No Internet required
- No login required
- Password lock to secure note
- Various color themes
- Unlimited note colors
- Fast. Really fast
- No ads